I have developed a website for one of my MSc module (Web Application Development). This website has been built for a bespoke jewellery shop to advertise their presence and stock on the web.
Why am I sharing it? Because this website provides and exposes the good techniques to take into consideration when developing an accessible website.
This website had to fulfil these requirements :
- Website with a minimum of three validated pages using strict XHTML and correct use of XHTML code.
- Two versions of CSS for the website and correct use of CSS.
- Evidence of validation and testing.
- Imaginative and original design but the website had to be designed according to its audience (luxury items, men who buy jewels for his wife or women who buy jewels for themselves).
- Thought give to navigation, accessibility, accuracy, usability and browser compatibility.
- Design (CSS) : one style to project an all year round style and the other for Christmas.
Some pictures of the website :
NB: You may click on the picture to see it better.
The URL of the website is the following : http://www.charles-nicolas.net/P00803/
Furthermore, I have created a survey in order to get some feedbacks on what I accomplished. If you may take five minutes to respond to it, I will be very happy. The survey link is : http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/X9FVQS5
I also had to write a report about the difference between hand coded website and one created using a template creation tool. I will publish it shortly.
If you have any suggestions, I look forward to hearing from you.